YuseYusof



If we die, we die with honour! I heard this line in the cartoon of MULAN. It’s December, where ton of cartoons will be showing on local television stations till end of the month. Some countries in the east coast side of Malaysia have been suffering with the floods due to non-stop rainy days. I am very sorry for the victims, may Allah gives them more happiness soon. However in my case, I’m sort of in love with December‘s cloudy and cold temperature. Some says the rains and winter are sad weather but it certainly not for me. Each and every time I am hearing the water drops on my house’s roof my heart will automatically smile and say ; Yeah! Seronoknya Hujan!Yeah!


Speaking about rain, I had a story which quite hilarious. This happened when I was 10 years old. I wanted to play in the rain with my neighbours like the day before. It was 4pm when the weather was really cloudy. Everybody knows I’m a huge fan of P. Ramlee even until today. So, I’ve arranged 4 pieces of newspaper on the floor at outside of my house. It was 4 of us; we were pretending the newspapers on the floor as a flying carpet with a mantra: ZAM ZAM ALA KAZAM (Laksamana Do Re Mi) meanwhile waiting for the rain. Almost all P.Ramlee songs we sang on that cloudy evening. Unfortunately, the black clouds have faded away at 5pm. We were extremely worried and unhappy that it wouldn’t be raining at any minutes after all efforts. WHAT A WASTE !!! (In Japanese = BOTANAK!!!)



Later on, I had ‘KONON’ a brilliant idea. I sneaked into the house and slowly extended the water pipe to the gate. As my neighbours faced their back, I ‘FIRE’!!!!! them with the water pipe just like a fireman. We were having the blast by taking turn to create the fake rains. The funny part was we kept singing the P.Ramlee songs while shooting the water to each other. CRAZY GIRLS! ( Portuguese = Meninas loucas!)


However, the blast did not remain longer as we expected. I was 10 and being naughty with the fun ideas were something challenging and exciting me. I was totally forgotten that my mother was cooking and she noticed the water pressure was getting lower due to our activity. Without warning, my mother screamed at us and pulled me aggressively to the side. She was insisted the rest to go home and kept mumbling about the mess. I took the responsibility for everything by receiving more than 4 times of slapping on my face. It was the most unforgettable memory which reminds me to have limitation in any excitements. An excessive fun always brings the worst consequences. BAD LUCK!!! ( Spanish = Mala suerte!!!)


What can i say, my mother is a very fierce woman. In addition, she couldn’t bare to accept a red mark in my report card even how excellent I am in sports and arts. Yes, I was a singer and dancer for my school. I couldn’t resist stopping because I was so tempted and happy to entertain people ‘ Gila Glamor ’. Well, my mother is a conservative woman even she was born in the city of Singapore. To her, academic is very crucial than anything else .


That was one of my childhood memories during the school holiday back in 1992 at Lorong 4a/11. This lorong has created thousand histories which involved my favourite neighbour Yasmin Hani. Yes, she was one my friend in my story above. I met her recently and she freely admitted that lorong gave her lot of childhood memories too which concluded Rounders,Balik Selipar, Roller Blades, Perang Bunga Api Malam Bulan Puasa, Main Puyu, Galah Panjang, Cari Durian,Kejar Kejar Gelung and Etc.


( In memory of Geng 4a/11 1988 – 1993)
Ben, Fezal, Fara, Ina Besar, Ani, Eza, Ina Kecik, Along, Naim, Wae,
Nazri, My self (Eija), Adam, Kak Ani, Mamat, Siti, Marco, Shawna.